Make healthy potato wedges dramatically better with a crispy halloumi coating, roasted until caramelised. Dip in thick, cooling yoghurt seasoned with tangy sumac, fresh lemon and garlic.
Great as a crunchy, tasty party snack or serve as an easy side dish. Highly recommended with a good veggie burger.
Dip the hot, crispy, cheesy wedges in the tart, lemony yoghurt, scraping up any caramelised halloumi bits that try to escape.
Looking for more delicious halloumi dishes? This recipe is taken from How to Cook Halloumi – vegetarian feasts for every occasion by Nancy Anne Harbord – available in colour hardback and e-book. A dazzling array of super colourful, incredibly tasty halloumi recipes for brunch, dinner and parties!
Caramelised halloumi potato wedges
halloumi potato wedges
- 800g/4 large baking potatoes
- 1 flat tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 pack halloumi finely grated
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- squeeze lemon juice
for the wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the cornflour until evenly coated.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly browned and just tender when poked with a knife. Take the wedges out of the oven and toss with the grated halloumi. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the cheese is evenly caramelised and very crispy. Season with a tiny bit of flaky salt and plenty of pepper and serve.
for the yoghurt
- Mix all the ingredients and season with ¼ teaspoon flaky salt.