Homemade oven chips are healthy, quick and super easy. Cut them however you fancy and sprinkle over your favourite seasonings.
Makes an excellent evening snack.
Serve with flaky sea salt and something tasty to dip (Greek yoghurt is nice).
Healthy oven chips with sriracha aioli
healthy oven chips
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 large egg yolks
- 200 ml cold-pressed oil
- 3 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce or to taste
for the chips
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Cut the potatoes into thin chips – no need to peel, there's lots of potassium in those delicious skins. Toss in a splash of oil and sprinkle over a little cornflour (this adds extra crispiness).
- Heat a baking tray in a hot oven and arrange the fries on the hot tray in a single layer without touching. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice so they cook evenly.
for the aioli
- Juice the lemon, add the garlic to the lemon juice and set aside for 20 minutes – this effectively cooks the garlic. When the garlic is ready, add to a food processor with the egg yolks and a pinch of flaky salt. Whiz for a few seconds then start adding the oil – drip in one tiny drop at a time until the yolks have absorbed about a third of the oil and the mayonnaise has started to emulsify. Add the oil any quicker and the mayonnaise might split.
- Add the sriracha, blend to combine, then taste to check the seasoning. Add more sriracha, lemon juice or salt as needed. Loosen with 1-2 tablespoons water if the mayonnaise is too thick.
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.