This zingy winter cocktail is packed with fresh citrus juices, ginger, gin and sweetened with a little raw honey. About as healthy as boozing gets.
The gin is very much optional – leave out and enjoy as a fresh, fruity everyday drink. It's packed with protective vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to keep you happy and healthy.
Grapefruit, lemon, ginger, honey + gin cocktail
grapefruit, lemon, ginger, honey + gin cocktail
- 1/2 pink grapefruit juice and some zest
- 1/2 lemon juice and some zest
- 25 ml gin (optional)
- small piece ginger
- raw honey to taste
- fizzy water to taste
- ice to taste
for each drink
- Add ice to each glass and squeeze in the juices. Pour in the gin if using.
- Grate the ginger right into the glass – no need to peel, there is lots of flavour just under the skin.
- Drizzle in a little honey (I like 1/2 tsp) and stir to mix everything together.
- Top up with a splash of fizzy water and zest over a few scrapes of each citrus before serving.